This website is dedicated to the Airborne gunners
of the 6th Airborne Division
between 1943 and 1948.
This website includes information on:
- HQ RA 6th Airborne Division
- 2nd Airlanding LAA Battery R.A. (T.A.),
- 3rd Airlanding Anti-Tank Battery R.A.
- 4th Airlanding Anti-Tank Battery R.A.
- 53rd Worcestershire Yeomanry Airlanding Light Regiment R.A.
- 2nd Forward Observer Unit (Airborne) R.A.
- 5th Airlanding Anti-Tank Battery R.A.
- 6th Airlanding Anti-Tank Battery R.A.
- 2nd Airlanding Anti-Tank Regiment R.A.
- Website structure improved
- HQ RA War Diary for 1943 added
- Unit page updated
- Photos of headstones added on Roll of Honour
"I decided to create and build this website in honour and deep appreciation of my late grandfather, Gunner Ernest Alfred Chubb, who served in 2nd Airlanding Light Anti Aircraft Battery R.A. (T.A.) from 1943 to 1945. During this period he was one of a small Special Service Detachment of his Battery that served in Normandy and was attached to 3rd Airlanding Anti-Tank Battery R.A. He was wounded in action whilst serving in Normandy and thus spoke very little about his service during the War. I miss him greatly and admire his, and his comrades, heroic efforts to defeat Nazism, for which we all owe our freedom today."
Gareth Hill, 2007
Material on this website, including text and images, is protected by copyright. It may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way. Prior written consent of the copyright holder must be obtained for any use of material. Copyright in all materials and/or works comprising or contained within this website remains with www.gotoitgunners.co.uk and other copyright owner(s) where specified. No part of this site may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose.